Thursday, September 1, 2011

Okra Makes a Mighty Fine Omelette

For those of you who love to cook...let me share a very wonderful ingredient that works well with eggs...Okra.  I love slicing it up and sauteeing it with my fresh spinach and tomatoes for my omelettes.  It works great in fritattas as well.  If you have a chance...grill it.  Coat it lightly with some olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and grill.  When it has char marks on it and it is soft, pull it off of the grill and enjoy...so heavenly.  My hubby wasn't a fan of okra until I planted 5 plants and now, he loves it.  He is a fan of the grilled okra and okra in the eggs mixture. 

He says he doesn't like it coated in corn meal and fried, it doesn't do it for him.  He isn't a Southern boy at all so, that explains it.  I love fried okra.  Yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment