Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tomatoes, Baby Birds and Knitting

Earlier this year, my hubby planted 8 tomato plants.  He planted them in the flower bed behind the pool.  He weeded and tended his plants every day, he Algoflashed them weekly, now we have tomatoes and more tomatoes.  We have been making salsa like it is going out of style.  We have canned salsa, we have canned chopped tomatoes, we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with.  Well, almost.  I know what to do with them.  I am thinking tomato jelly is going to be on the list of things to do with the tomatoes.  Yummy stuff.  Why not? 

We had 2 baby mocking birds in the back yard.  Now we are down to one.  One drowned last night in the pool.  I fished him out and put him in the flower pot next to the gladiolus.  Poor little buddy. 

 Notice him sitting in my persimmon tree.  He is so ugly, he is cute!  They blend pretty much in the tree.  The other little buddy has been peeping for his momma to come feed him.  I hope he stays away from the pool. 

I was knitting a shawl pattern out of a book and I couldn't understand the directions, they are vague.  So, after ripping it apart once, I realized I needed to go research the pattern, people seem to think it works but, I don't think so.  I can't seem to wrap my mind around it.  So, I am ripping it apart again and I will figure out something for the part that is finished.

I guess I will go back to my scarf that I have been working on slowly these many months.  It is pretty but, scarves take forever to knit especially if they are knit in lace weight yarn. 

Today was also oil the front door day.  I found a recipe on FB that was canola oil and vinegar, I changed it up and used olive oil, and apple cider vinegar.  The recipe does work to oil that dry front door.  I used 3/4 cup of olive oil, with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, mix well and place in a jar, use a clean cloth to apply.  I am going to try it again later in the week with less vinegar and a foam brush to apply it.  I pulled my flip flop wreath off of the door and I am going to let the door soak in it's goodness and then go back and put the wreath back up.  I was reading a magazine and saw another wreath that I want to make, I just have to go get the supplies for it. 

More on that later. 

Today is washing clothes and towels day.  Ugh!  It has to be done, it is one of those weekly chores. 

I had a really weird phone call today, a man called here and said he had just spoken to my father by the sink and he needed to speak with him again. I told him you have a wrong number, he said he didn't.  I looked over at my sink, and told the guy, no, you didn't speak to my Dad, he said he did.  Well, I know for a fact that he can't have spoken to my Daddy.  He asked me why I was so sure that he hadn't spoken to my father and I told him that my Daddy passed away in 1999 and he did have a wrong number.  He apologized to me and hung up. 

I was wondering if he were psychic and he was going to pass a message along to me from Daddy.  I guess not.  I bet he was thinking...I was off.  No, I am not off, he had a wrong number and wouldn't admit it. 

I guess it is going to be a weirder week than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment