Monday, March 10, 2014

Finished Socks! Yippee!

I finally have something to write about, I finished another pair of socks.  Yay!  This pair is the Melinda sock and I have another pair to knit for my SIL, Kim.  I even had to dye the yarn for her socks and I have been waiting for the yarn to dry. 

Am I sitting around doing nothing?  No way!  Since I knit every single day, I have a project that I am working on.  Maribeth, my niece needs a new pair of mittens, she lost one of hers and since she is now 10, time flies...she needs a bigger pair.  She informed me that she loves gold with purple, now.  Okay, that solved that problem.  I am knitting her a pair of gold with purple Selbu style mittens. It was requested by my sister.  I had picked out a gorgeous lace mitten pattern to use and since the request was made, they will be made for someone else. 




Bear with my pictures of the finished socks, no idea what my camera was doing since the hubby has borrowed it several times to take pictures of his pens.  He is turning pens on his lathe and does a beautiful job. 
  Go check out his shop on ETSY.

So, as I am waiting for sock yarn to dry, I am working on knitting the Selbu style mittens for my niece.  I decided to go ahead and make them bigger so, she can use them longer.  I am making a women's medium for her.  They fit my hand tight so, I am hoping her little hand will have room to grow in them.  When she grows out of this pair or wears them out then hopefully, by then, her mom can learn to knit in the round.  Hint, hint, hint! 
  I will be knitting Lipstick socks when I finish the mittens and those will be on their way to my SIL.  She offered to pay for the socks, nope, not going to charge her for them.  Anyone else, yes, but they do so much for us that we can go ahead and forget payment. 
  What are my plans after my current projects are done?  I have charity knitting to work on. Hats, scarves and mittens for the kids.
  Gary and I are doing a craft fair in April and he is selling his pens, I am selling my jewelry.  Yep, finally decided to go ahead and try and sell my necklaces, bracelets and anklets.  The yarn is staying home. 
  I have yarn to paint as soon as I can get back on my feet, I threw my back out yesterday and walking is a challenge today.  I am hoping tomorrow will be better since I need to clean my home up.

No comments:

Post a Comment