Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lipstick Socks, Completed!

I finished the socks yesterday and proceeded to block the last one.  This is the end result.  Lipstick socks for my niece, Anita.  It was an easy knit, loved every minute of it. 

I was playing with the hubby's light box with this one and I was trying to find the best place to shine the light to get the best results.  I love the shadows of the bottom picture.  It really shows off the pattern to the best advantage. 

This sock is merino/silk.  I hand dyed the yarn and the pattern does not show up with a painted yarn.  I tried it out and nope, it will not work. 

I have had several requests from family members for this sock to be knit for them.  I will be knitting this one for forever.  It turned out really well.  I haven't written down the pattern, yet. 

This is one sexy sock.  I even told my niece, she will have a pair of originals, hers were the first pair off of this pattern.  She has the test socks.  I plan on dyeing more yarn in solids for this pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment