Monday, January 27, 2014

Knitting a New Pair of Socks in Lipstick



  I was asked by another niece to knit her a pair of socks.  So, I thought about it for about a week before I came up with the perfect yarn color and then I started searching my lace books for the perfect lace pattern to put on a sock.  I found this one.  It came out of the Knitter's Bible, it is gothic lace.  I added the lace pattern to my sock pattern and this was the result. 
The yarn is a beautiful red, it is one of my own hand dyed yarns, my merino/silk sock, the color is lipstick.  I love how well it is coming out. 
I have one sock completed and I am working on the second one. 
It is a fun pattern to work on.
 
The sock leg is two pattern repeats, the heel is simple, and the foot is also 2 pattern repeats since I had to knit a size 6 for women.  Love people with small feet, their socks go quickly. 
I love this pattern so much that I am thinking of knitting it again and possibly kettle dyeing another round of yarn in another color. I am thinking emerald green for the next pair, this pattern would look gorgeous in it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment