Thursday, June 26, 2014

Charity Knitting and the Shawl

I am working on two items right now.  I have the shawl which is coming along nicely.  I am working on it when I can.  I also had to go in for a follow up for my three month blood work check.  I took along a hat that I am working on for charity.  I didn't want to drag along the shawl and the chart.  The hat is small and works out well. 

I love the new book.  I have several projects picked out from it.  Then I spotted them one day, while I was perusing seed beads.  I found some root beer rainbow seed beads and knew instantly what I was going to use them for and which yarn.  I have a chameleon orange lace weight that has been sitting around for a while.  I decided to use the unusual colored beads with the orange yarn.  It should turn out well. 

This week has been a visit to the vet for shots for my oldest doggy.  He is 13 years old.  He is my sweetie pie.  Then I noticed the hound dog who is 12 years old has skin issues so, he has to go in tomorrow.  He will have to have surgery to remove several large lumps.  Poor old guy. 

I don't know who will get the orange shawl or scarf and then I had an epiphany...I can make a scarf for charity in lace.  Some child will love it, I hope. 

I have a huge line of knitting to do for people.  I am taking a much needed break on socks.  I have one person who will get them later in the year.  I am thinking of re-working her pattern.  I can do that. 


Chameleon orange lace weight yarn

Root beer transparent rainbow seed beads

Beads and yarn together

The shawl on Chart C

Close up of the bead work on the shawl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment