Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lipstick Socks in Sangria!

I finally finished the lipstick socks for my SIL, Kim. I hand dyed my yarn in a sangria colored dye. 

The design is one that I found in a lace book and loved the look so much decided to try it out with socks. 

I used a size US 3 needle for this sock.  The yarn for this pair of Lipstick socks is a superwash merino nylon blend.  It works out great for socks with a lace motif since it stretches quite nicely through the yarn overs. 

The pattern as it looks blocked.  It is really nice and I love how it works out on the socks.  I have plans in the works to knit myself a pair of this sock but, it will be in bfl/nylon and it will be in pansy. 

The pattern is challenging enough to keep me on my toes but, not too hard to knit.  It is fun to see how each yarn develops while knitting this pattern. 

I haven't written it down for sharing.  I have it in my pattern work book. 

My niece, Meagan has requested that I knit her a pair of socks in turquoise yarn.  I have found just the pattern I want to put into sock form.  I have to write it down and then start the socks. 

I will be dyeing her yarn today. 

I started my charity knitting yesterday.  I started a plain old hat.  I figure if I do a couple of hats in between my sock knitting for family, then I can get it all done.  No idea how my hands will cope but, oh well...it needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment