Tuesday, September 25, 2012

North Padre Island National Seashore






Gary and I headed to the beach this past weekend for our 12th Wedding anniversary.  We went down to Corpus Christi, Texas for a nice weekend on a gorgeous beach...North Padre Island.  The day started out wonderful, Gary was putting up his beach cabana, he has to with that skin of his, he will burn like crazy if he doesn't have a cabana for shade.  I have learned that about him after 13 years together.  I tan.  The top three pics are of Gary and his cabana, I have one too.  We both like to read on the beach.  This time around, I did some knitting.  The second to bottom pic is the rain that was offshore and the last pic is the clouds before the rain. 

When the rain hit the beach, we were out of there.  We went back to the hotel. 

I did get to play in the waves for a couple of minutes before a medusa jelly fish hit my leg and then we moved into shallower water thinking we wouldn't see any more of the things...wrong!  So, out of the water we came.  I took along the shawl thinking I would get to finish it...no.  It is being finished tonight, I am doing a picot bind off which is such a pita.  It freaking takes forever. 

I think next year instead of Vegas, we are going to do a week at the beach.  I love the beach.  It is so much fun to play in the waves and to relax listening to the ocean.  I have been known to fall asleep on the beach, too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment