Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Worn Down to a Frazzle

It is killer ragweed season here and every one that I know and others I don't have some sort of allergies and the sore throat from hell from this stuff.  I had to go to the doctor last week and get a cortisone shot in the ass for this crap and do you know, it didn't help.  Nope, not at all.  Poor Gary is sick with it now. 

Today was girl's day out and Melinda and I headed out to run her errands.  We came back early and I came home.  I decided to do some much needed dusting with my vacuum cleaner.  I had no idea my blinds were covered in so much dust, well...that was taken care of and the ceiling fan in the family room was covered, too.  I took care of that as well.  I need to clean out kitchen cabinets tomorrow and put all of the items I haven't used in the last 10 years into boxes, garage sale time. 

I was asked to knit for charity again this year.  I said it would take me some time to get some mitts ready for the charity.  I have no energy to knit other people stuff.  I know it sounds really awful but, it is the truth.  I have one pair of mitts complete and I am working on a second set for the charity.  When I get 4 pairs finished, I will send them off to the charity.  I am not doing any more after that.  I don't know if it is the diabetes making me really tired and worn down or the crap allergy.  Either way, I don't feel like knitting all that much. 

As for my shawl, it is slowly getting worked on.  I am on the 2nd chart and have been there for some time.  I will post pictures when I have a chance to take some.  It is pretty yarn, I really do love working with it.  It has stellina in it and I love the bits of sparkle here and there. 

The oven had to be cleaned today.  It had issues that involved butter and burnt xylitol.  Don't ask.  It was one of the worst smells ever.  So, I had to break down and put it on clean.  It took it a couple of hours to clean and then I went to check it and it smells so much better.  No more stink. 

I didn't make it to the family reunion this year, I was sick.  I stayed home and slept on the couch.  Gary said I was a grunch on Saturday morning.  I was sleeping on the couch and had been there since 4 am...I couldn't sleep in our bed so, I went downstairs and got comfy on my spot on the couch and fell back asleep.  I was woken up by him at whatever time he made it downstairs and I read him the riot act about turning on the tv when I was trying to sleep.  I am such a pleasant individual when someone wakes me up in the morning and I have been known to throw right hooks in my sleep.  Not a good idea trying to wake me up.  I slept until 10 am and then decided to get up and take my blood sugar and grab a shower before we headed out for lunch.  Chinese food and soup helped out so much. 

I am trying to organize my beads into color coded containers.  I never knew I had so many of the things.  I need more containers.  Maybe I should have done this project about a year or so ago.  I did make a pretty necklace yesterday, it is really cool because it has some glow in the dark beads on it.  So cool.  I would try to upload pictures onto this post but, my damn computer isn't cooperating with me right now.  So, that will have to wait when I can figure out what is going on with this damn thing. 

I can't wait to get rid of this sore throat and all of the misery associated with this crap.  I am praying for a nice rain storm that will wash down all of the allergens.  I know everyone else who has it is thinking the same thing. 

We are back up to temps in the 90F and higher range.  It is freaking fall and we need some cool temps.  That would be so nice. 

I have my next shawl pattern picked out and I just need to decide if I should paint the yarn or dye it.  It is a complicated question.  I will have to think on it for a while.  I might just dig in my yarn stash and see what I have in the yardage that I will need.  I have loads of yarn to choose from.  I also have a gorgeous skein sitting on my desk.  There is another one sitting on my kitchen table that has been begging me to use it.  I have to decide which one will get used.  Who knows, I might try several projects and then both will be used.  I want to challenge myself to start emptying containers of yarn.  I don't want to order any more.  My goal is to see if I can use up a container of yarn a month.  Gary says no, he doesn't think I can do it.  I think I would love to see how far I can get with this challenge. 

Who knows, I might issue a challenge to other knitters who have a huge stash to see what we can do to use all of our yarns up.  It might be interesting to see what we can come up with and if you are feeling particularly generous, maybe donate some of our projects to charity. 

Oh, for those of you who do not know this...my great nephew has Down Syndrome and I was asked to mention something about it on my blog.  It is Down Syndrome awareness month.  If you are on facebook, go check out the Down Syndrome Foundation of South Texas page  and read what they have to say.  You might learn something new about it.  My great nephew has the most beautiful smile and it lights up a room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment