Monday, November 5, 2012

Headache, Tire Warning Light and Pictures


Here is one sock finished.  I am working on the ribbing of the second sock.  I can't figure out why the person who wrote this pattern wanted the heel yarn cut and then pick up the stitches for the gusset.  Nope, I don't work that way, I never cut the yarn, I just continued onwards like I normally do with socks.  So, I changed that in the pattern.  I also don't like knitting through back loops, a freaking waste of my time so, I didn't do that.  I did follow the chart and I have knit these bad girls before but, those socks were for a gift.  This pair is for me.  As you can see, the kids had to get involved with this picture, the black and white cat is my oldest child, Pickles.  The ear on the right side lower picture is my Ody, my corgi.  He is the sweet little monster of the house. 

I also went ahead and changed the heel flap to k4, instead of k3.  I wanted to add something to it and it worked out nicely.  The yarn is a super wash merino/nylon.  It is one of my own paints.  I needed a change from my usual colors and well, it isn't exactly my color palette but, who cares, they will keep my feet warm this winter. 

I have had a killer headache all day long.  I went to get myself some dinner and my car decided to let me know that my back tire was almost flat.  Grrr!  So, I get him home and check...he was low but, not flat.  So, I have to fill the tire up before I go anywhere in the car.  I am so ready for those new tires.  I am to the point where I have to fill the tire up every other day before I go some place.  I think it is coming down to filling it every single day. 

The socks will need to be blocked but, I am not doing that until I get the other one knit.  The pattern calls for a total of 7 repeats but, there is no freaking way...I did 6 and that fits my 8.5 shoe size.  I also implemented the 3 needle bind off for the toe.  I was bored and wanted to do something different.  This changed the tune of the sock.  I am using US 3 needles for this pair of socks, I think the pattern wanted a US 2.  I have no idea where those needles are right now so, I used what I can find, the US 3's. 

Hopefully, the headache will go the way of the dodo and leave sometime soon.  I need to shampoo my hair and hopefully the hot water will help with the headache.  I think something blew in again because my face is killing me.  So, I know some funky plant pollen is getting to me.  I wish it would all just go away. 

I did do some beading today but, that will have to wait for a later date, I am thinking it might become a Christmas present.  I might even keep it for me.  It is just pretty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment