Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

I fell behind and only managed to send out 4 cards this year.  Yeah, I know, time just got away from me.  So, for those people who did receive a card...you are so lucky! 

Today has been lazy day here, which is nice.  We went out for lunch and then Gary had to get me the last of my Christmas presents.  He gave me a fire pit and had to get me some wood for it.  We used the fire pit tonight and finished off a bottle of red wine.  It was a nice romantic evening. 

I am crocheting a blanket for the hubby for his Christmas present.  He knows it will be his when I finish it.  I am on the 4th skein of yarn.  It is turning out really nice.  I am doing several shades of blue Homespun by Lion brand yarn.  I love the stuff, it is so easy to crochet with on a big hook.  This is my 3rd blanket to do.  I might even be doing more than this.  People seem to love having a hand made blanket from me.  They are so comfy and snuggly. 

Our family Christmas was a blast.  We had a great time and I came home with tequila and a tool set.  Yep, my own tool set.  I love it.  Gary came home with a set of towels.  He was happy with it.  I was shocked.  They are nice towels.  He said he had plans to use them since they are nice and soft.  Okay! 

I have drank more in the past few days than I have in 2 years.  I had several shots of my tequila with my brother and niece, then I had the wine tonight.  I have beer in the fridge and some on my kitchen table.  I was going to take the 6 pack of long necks with me to the family Christmas party but, forgot them.  Oh well, I guess, I can save them for another time. 

Stay safe and I hope everyone gets what they want this year. 

God Bless our men and women who are serving in our military. 

No comments:

Post a Comment