Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Riding my Bike in the Rain

This morning I decided to start my work out routine once again.  I admit over the holidays, I stopped working out.  Big mistake!  So, I got all of my compression gear on and put a long sleeve moisture wicking shirt on and then shorts over my compression shorts.  Then I put on my sweat jacket.  Lo and behold...I get out there, and I am doing fine when it starts raining on me halfway through my mile.  My hands are freaking freezing and I my main goal was to get my old beat up out of shape body home without killing myself. 

I make it home and had to pry my fingers from around the handle bars...must wear wool mitts tomorrow.  No ifs ands or buts.  I have to do it.  I had to warm my fingers up.  I did get my mile in which was very important.  Tomorrow I plan to walk.  I have to alternate my riding to every other day. 
 
I was going to a yarn sale but, ended up coming home.  Dang!  I wanted to hit this particular yarn sale since I am making another blanket for a friend.  I guess the yarn I have will work out.  I just have to realize this and not buy more.  I have so much yarn it is never going to get used if I don't start using it now. 

I also have plans to knit myself a sweater this year.  It will snow heavily the day I cast on for that sucker.  My hubby tells me to start with the sleeves first since I hate knitting sleeves.  Okay, I will try that out.  Then I will have the sleeves finished and I can go about working on the body of the sweater.  :) 

I am going to have some coffee and then work on my current project.  If you are interested in that project, it is out of the Jane Austen Knits Fall 2012 magazine page 86.  I have no idea if the recipient reads my blog or not so, I am not talking about what it is.  :)  Pictures will follow later when I am done with the thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment