Friday, March 20, 2015

More Drama

I had hurt my right knee last month and I put it in my brace.  Well, it seems I hurt it worse than I had thought. I took myself off to the doctor Tuesday per the hubby's recommendation and found out that I have torn my meniscus.  Oh boy!  So, I am on crutches until the swelling goes down.  I have muscle relaxers and I have an anti-inflammatory pill. 

I am working on knitting hats right now for charity.  I will need a bunch of items for the kids this year.  We talked about it last night and we are donating to one school.  I am hoping that the kids will have Christmas presents this year, again.  They are so poor, last year when we sent boxes of goodies, I was sent a letter back that stated the kids had Christmas presents for the first time.  That statement brought tears to my eyes. 

In other news, my sweetheart, my Bootsy was put down on March 17th.  He was so old and his poor old body couldn't do it anymore.  He had a strong will to live but, that just didn't work for his body.  He was 14 years old.  Gary had to deal with it since I was at my doctor's appointment.  He brought him home and we buried him next to his best friend, Napoleon.  So, they are both out there in the back yard.  Ody is lonely.  We are looking for a puppy from a shelter in Austin.  We hope they give us a call and let us know if we are acceptable to them as parents. 

Today is Ody's 6th birthday! My little boy is growing up.  He is something else.  I love that little doggy.  It doesn't seem like 6 years with him.  I remember holding that wee bit of nothing in my arms when he was a puppy and my heart melted for the little guy.  It was love at first sight. 

I have to go to garage sales to find a play pen for our new puppy.  We will get one eventually if the adoption doesn't work out with the Austin shelter.  The play pen will be in the family room with pee pads lining the base.  We have been through this before.  Ody scaled the walls on his play pen.  He was so freaking cute with that chubby little belly and those itty bitty stumpy legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment