Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday is a State of Mind

I love Friday...it is my favorite day of the week.  I was born on a Friday.  I guess that is why it is my happiest day.  I love the weekends.  It is sharing time with my family and my hubby.  I love my hubby. 

I am currently working on a pair of socks for myself.  I have a line up going and the sock yarns for it.  I went and bought commercial sock yarns because the yarn I chose is hard wearing yarns and if you have carpet, you will understand.  It is for the most part machine washable which is another plus. 

My line up is two deep right now and I have even purchased sock looms for my most demanding of relatives, I no longer have time to knit them socks.  Face it, my time is very limited. 

I just emailed a dear friend who was worried about me since my blog has changed.  Yep, it has changed a lot.  I am now pretty much in a new blog.  Don't even ask...you don't want to know.  Just leave it alone is what I am saying right now. 

I hadn't realized that I haven't blogged in a while.  Well...here goes...I have been shopping for fabrics and other goodies, this is the year that I actually make something with a pattern.  Holy smoke!  Yep, I am going to put the fabric out and cut it out with my pattern pieces since I have been doing this at my sister's house lately, I thought...why not, I can do this.  I am going to sew myself something that I have made on my own, no help from my sister.  I can do it. 

I will do well at it.  That is my mantra. 

I would love to finish my maternal grandmother's crazy quilt top.  I have it in my closet and it would be awesome to put batting to it and get it done.  Can you imagine how neat it would be considering it has vintage fabrics on it.  Oh it would be so amazing! 

I have been dealing with health issues and well, I am so tired of them.  I started a new vitamin regimen and it seems to be working on the issues at hand.  The foot with it's issue is dormant right now, I think because of the new probiotics I am on.  I am going to keep taking them if it keeps it at bay. 

The one problem I have right now is that my asthma is out of control.  I am on several meds for it.  I honestly think the wild fires that were down the road were the cause and I am still dealing with the issues from it.  I have two nebulizer solutions I have been using, a corticosteroid inhaler, and my usual albuterol rescue inhaler plus my singulair.  I don't spend much time outside because of the asthma issues.  I was outside the other night and I was gasping for air.  It is awful. 

I had to go to the dentist yesterday because one of my crowns was bothering me badly.  I went ahead and went in so, he fixed my bite for me.  I have been grinding my teeth at night and making it worse.  He said it is a natural reaction.  I would wake up with my teeth clenched in the morning.  Last night was the first really good night of sleep in a long time.  I actually feel good.  I didn't clench my teeth or grind them. 

I am slowly getting my health back on track.  I need to start exercising when I get my asthma under control. 

Today I am helping my nieces decorate a hall.  It is my BIL's 75th birthday tomorrow and they are having a huge party for him.  It should be nice.  I will get to see my family members that I haven't seen in a while. 

Now to let my doggies back in and go find lunch.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment