Monday, October 17, 2011

S-O-C-K-S

I am in sock knitting mode over here.  I finished the hubby's size 12 gigantic socks and I have moved on to socks for myself.  Yes, I know I have several pairs of hand knit socks but, I am the knitter, it is my perogative to knit for myself.  I am being selfish right now and doing something for me.  I usually knit for everyone under the sun but, now it is me time. 

I chose to use a Elann sock yarn, it is cotton, wool, nylon and elite.  The color is the turquoise, light gray, blue and light turquoise.  It is really pretty so far.  This time around, I am knitting from the toe to the cuff.  I just have to say how much quicker they seem to go doing this method.  I am not one of those people who knit two socks at a time, that just takes the joy out of the whole project. 

I am still researching my sweater pattern.  I have been thinking about it and I need to install the software for it.  I have so much going on in my life that working on my sweater is going to take some time. 

I started working on the sock for myself last night, I was able to knit about 4 inches of toe and today I am going to work on it in between doing laundry and whatever else needs my attention today.  If I can turn the heel, I will be so ecstatic about it.  I have been trying the sock on and it feels so wonderful.  I love this yarn.  It is so soft and silky feeling.  After this pair of socks, it will be time for Maribeth socks.  I am going to rip out the cuff I have started and start them from the toe as well.  I am back to knitting socks from the toe to the cuff.  I had stopped because my bind off always was too tight.  I have now learned to be patient and take my time with my bind off. 

Patience makes it all work out.  I just have to keep this on my mind and not be stressing when I am binding off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment