Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Knitting Socks

I am currently in a project of sock knitting.  This is for the hubby.  I had him try the sock on last night just to see where I really am in the leg portion of the sock.  These are toe up socks which I haven't done for a couple of years.  It is a challenge to change up my sock making these days. 

We had a conversation when I first started the socks and he tells me he wants the leg to be 9 inches long.  Say what?  Yes, 9 inches long.  So, I am trying to convince the man that 6 inches will be enough for the leg...no, he wants those 9 inches.  I get him to try the sock on last night and I have 6 inches of leg done, he tells me they are perfect.  I wanted to smack the crap out of him over this....we have been arguing over it for the whole time I am knitting this king size sock.  Now, he tells me he wants the 6 inch leg.  Grrr! 

I then asked the important question of if he wants k1, p1 ribbing or k2, p2 ribbing.  Eye roll.  He chose the k2, p2 ribbing.  I haven't made a pair of socks with that particular ribbing in about 5 years.  So, he will get a unique pair of socks with his own custom measurements. 

As for anyone else wanting socks...NO!  I have to make Maribeth a pair and then I am not knitting anyone else socks.  I am closed where socks are concerned.  I have plans to get my niece, Meagan a sock loom.  She can make her own socks.  I have pretty much put my foot down where this is concerned.  I am tired.  My hands are tired.  I don't want to knit anyone anything. 

I have to finish my charity mitts and then I am done with that.  No one else is going to get anything out of me for the rest of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment