Saturday, May 18, 2013

Why I HATE the New HEB in Fairfield

My hubby loves going to the new store in Fairfield.  This is in Cypress, Texas.  I have been there several times and each time has been worse than the first.  I hate grocery shopping since I spent 10 years in a grocery store, working.  I am nice to the employees when I go shopping since I do know what it is like to be the one on the receiving end being yelled at for some slight imagined or real.  Well, I can't take it anymore. I am fed up with the shit being dealt at this store to the customers. 

I do not want to hear about the cashier's date she had and yes, I had to hear that today.  Excuse me, you are taking my money, I want your undivided attention!  I don't need to hear about what is going on with the cashier's life and I didn't appreciate her little friend taking away the cashier's already small attention span. 

What really ticked me off was the fact that every single express lane had some woman who can't seem to read the sign that says 10 ITEMS or Less!  Each express lane had a woman who had 50 to 100+ items and making it impossible for those of us who had 2 to 6 items to get out of there super quick.  When I made a complaint to the boy who was directing everyone to the smaller line...he just looked at me with all sorts of surprise that I was actually complaining and couldn't give me a reason as to why in the world these huge orders were in those lines in the first place. 

I have dealt with stupidity and rudeness at this store more times than I can deal with.  I can't deal with it anymore.  Why should I spend money at a store where I am treated so poorly?  My answer...I am not!  I always come out of that store pissed off.  Why should I even do this to myself?  I am done. 

Now the store that I love is the HEB on Barker-Cypress and 290.  I will drive the distance from my home in Fairfield to go to my favorite store.  The people who work at this store seem to realize that the more I shop there, I can help pay their salaries.  The nicer they are, the happier I am.  I usually try to talk to the man on the chip aisle, he is very helpful.  He tries to suggest different chips for me to try.  I even asked him about low carb options and he did try to help me.  He is sweet. 

This is a much friendlier store and the store manager should be proud to have such a wonderful group of people working with him.  Everyone who works there is very polite and nice.  I appreciate it.  I really do and I am always polite since I have been there.  Even when I am having a bad day, I like shopping there, it cheers me up.  It isn't as good as purse or shoe shopping but, it is close. 

No matter the time of day, I find shopping at this particular store pleasant.  Several employees know me by sight and will smile and ask how I am doing today.  Small things like this, make shopping here nicer than the store in my neighborhood.  I REFUSE to settle for being treated like shit.  I am too old to deal with this kind of crap.  It may be fine for 20 year olds who have no idea what customer service is but, not me.  Apparently, taking my money and treating me like shit is the new norm.  I don't think so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment