Monday, July 15, 2013

Let the De-Crapifying Begin

We have serious clutter at our home, I have yarn galore and all the accoutrements to go with it.  So, I am sick of it.  It started last night, maybe that is why we have rain.  Ha!  I have come to the conclusion that coffee tables and sofa tables are nothing but crap collectors.  I am about to sit down and pull every single knitting book off of the sofa table, and donate them to a local school.  I figure if nothing else, they can have them and the kids can learn a valuable craft.  If it helps them to become self sufficient, then I have done my job. 

I am still working on my blanket.  I am going to take the time today to sit and work on it.  Yesterday, was dry figs day.  I have to do something other than canning since the things are everywhere, literally. 

Gary has now found out that the fig tree makes him itch and burn.  So, he can no longer help me pick the things.  I am going to have to find a way to pick the ones in the top branches, I am a mere 5'6" tall.  He is 6'1" tall.  I was always told as a child I would marry a man shorter than me.  Nope, didn't happen.  I have a tall man.  Love that big tall man, he is amazing and yet, he does make me crazier than anyone else I know.  Rawr! 

I have to clean out the Dyson when I have a chance, it is no longer sucking.  It take a quick spray with the water hose to clean it out and then it needs 24 hours in the heat to dry it.  It does get gunked up pretty quickly.  If you have one, then you know what I am talking about.  If you don't have one, buy one, it is the best vacuum cleaner, ever!  I have the pet canister and seriously, I thought my carpets were clean before using the thing and then I found out how freaking wrong I was.  It cleans that pet hair and everything else up and yes, I have to dump the bin far more than I would like but, it is amazing!  They need to make the bin bigger for those of us who are lazy. 

The dogs love that the family room floor is now de cluttered and nice and clean.  I had my yarns next to me by the couch and of course it spilled everywhere.  Ody loved sleeping in the yarn nest.  He would snuggle into the yarn and go to sleep. 
This mess is no longer there.  He is going to have to find some place else to sleep, now.  He usually can be found by the front door snoozing on the cold tile.  He stretches out and cools his belly. 
 
Today is also wash day, I am doing my laundry and I have to go upstairs as soon as I finish this post and put the clothes in the dryer, the towels just buzzed, they are done.  I also have to strip the sheets off of the bed and wash those.  Hubby gets to help me with that chore.  Fun! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment