Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hell Week!

Well, last week my brother in law, Gene, passed away.  He went peacefully after a horrible 6 weeks of pain, suffering and misery. He slipped away in hospice as we sat there with his brother and my sisters, and my nieces.  We were laughing about something and then my sister, Melinda noticed he had passed.  I know that my oldest sister, his wife wanted him to go sooner but, he wouldn't go.  He was waiting for his brother to get there and then he passed when we were laughing about something that was said.  He left on a very good note. 

The Rosary was Sunday, and the priest said the fastest Rosary I have ever been to.  I found out afterwards that he is 82 years old and doesn't like to be driving after dark.  I can understand that. 

Yesterday was the funeral and it was a very nice service.  I was worried about my sister, she has really poor health.  She swayed a couple of times but, she managed to get herself through it.   The hard part starts after the funeral when life has to return to normal and you realize that they aren't there.  I had to go through this with my Daddy.  I was used to him doing things for me and he wasn't there anymore.  Mom was easier to deal with since she was in a secure Alzheimer's home and she passed suddenly from a heart attack.  That was easier to deal with.  This cancer situation is much worse!  So much more horrible. 

Then as we were driving home last night, I get a text from one of my nieces, a different one than the two who lost their Dad, one of her friend's lost her Dad last night.  We all ran together when we were kids and I am so sorry that she lost her Dad. He was given a couple of days yesterday and then yesterday evening, he passed.  That quick!  Shocker to say the least.  I feel for her and her family. 

This week, I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  It is hard after sitting in vigil at the hospice last week.  I had to sit down and think about what I need to do today.  I have to start the major clean up of the formal living room and the dining room.  I have all of my scrapbooking stuff on my dining room table.  Lovely. 

I was asked to crochet an afghan for charity.  I started thinking about that today.  I do have the yarn to do it and I might need to get some more red for the afghan.  I have to decide how many skeins I need to buy.  I guess I will figure it out when I get to that point.   I am going to crochet this one out of my brain as well.  I love doing my own pattern.  It works out nicely. 

I never would have been able to get through this without my darling hubby and my supportive family.  We are a huge family but, I have noticed that if any one of us needs something, we drop what we are doing to go help.  That is how Mom and Daddy raised us.  I think they did a fabulous job with what they had.  I still miss them both. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and very blessed week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment