Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Returning to Normal, or So I Thought

After all the stresses of the last month and the loss of my BIL, I thought things were going to be back to normal, I should have known this wouldn't happen.  I threw my back out and I missed my blood work last week because I knew there was no way in the world that I could get my body onto a table for them to take my blood.  So, I had to reschedule it for this week.  It works out for the best since I have a much later fasting appointment than before.  I have DAR on Thursday night so, I know if I stay out later than normal, it will work out in the long run. 

I haven't been able to sleep all that well with the back doing it's thing.  Just the pure misery that I have been through with it.  I managed to get some sleep yesterday on the couch.  I love this couch, it sleeps well.  We threw out our old couch and wei I  are using my Mom's 20 year old couch as a replacement set.  Love the Klausner brand, it holds up well.  The fabric still looks good.  We got a steal on the couch set when Mom was going into the secure facility.  We paid $250 for it and it is going strong.  Thank goodness we have it.  The other set had issues, the springs broke in the couch and managed to rip a hole into the carpet underneath the thing.  The love seat was soaked by cat pee.  Loads of cat pee.  It seems they took a dislike to the puppy who used to crawl onto the thing and they gave it a soak down.  It was nasty!  I pity anyone who thought they were going to take that thing off of our hands.  Someone even looked at it on the curb.  I guess if you don't have anything, even a cat pee sofa works out. 

The new curtain rod came in.  I went searching for it specifically for the family room window.  I had bought one a couple of years ago from JCP and hubby finally installed the thing in our bedroom.  Oh, it is amazing, the thing bends around to the sides so, the whole window is covered.  It isn't one of those cheap suckers, either.  This thing looks like pipe tubing.  So, I went looking for one in silver and sure enough just when I was about to give up, I spotted it and I had a coupon. Love coupons.  I managed to get a $75 curtain rod for $35!  Yep!  It was on sale and then with the coupon, that took off a major amount.  I have my thermal backed curtains in my home and let me tell you, those things have saved us serious money!  Our electric bill at one point was $759!  I nearly fell over when that one hit and I knew I had to do something.  So, I went looking for the thermal backed curtains.  I found another coupon for JCP and managed to get free shipping and all the curtains for the rest of the house for $100.  I was so happy.  Hubby has even remarked about those curtains.  This from the man when I first met him, he said he didn't believe in curtains.  Now he does! 

Anyway, I have been dealing with my back pain.  Oh boy, it actually hurt worse than usual and I was in agony for days.  I know I have been a misery to live with.  Last night, I was thinking it was all better and then it popped in my sleep...holy smoke, that wasn't pleasant!  Now it feels much better.  I also had to employ the torture device that hurts like a mofo when I have to use it.  It was well worth every penny I spent on it.  Even the hubby will get it out when he needs the thing. 

I was asked to make an afghan for charity.  I am hoping today to go and get the yarn for the thing.  I was going to do it in Wash but, then I realized that my hands won't let me do it in this yarn.  I am currently working on one in Wash but, I need Lion Brand Homespun for the charity one.  It works up so much quicker and I can use a size N hook.  Also, the Homespun is so much softer and snuggly.  I love my blanket in it.  I snuggle under it and the cats sleep on me when I use it.  They too love to snuggle into it.  I even made the hubby one in this yarn.  I made a prayer blanket for my BIL in it.  My sister said she loved how cuddly it is.  I am thinking I might be making more of these blankets for people in my family.  It is a good idea for a present. 

Even Ody tries to snuggle into my Homespun blanket.  He is so sweet.  I love my corgi!

The current blanket is the purple and silver monster.  I can't wait to see the end of the thing.  I am to the point where I look at it and grunt.  Ever been there?  I am there.  The patriotic afghan is sitting on my exercise bike right now.  It has been requested for a fund raiser.  At some point, I am going to have to rest my hand.  The poor thing is killing me and I have way too much to do. 

I might have to say no more charity after all the blankets are finished for the year.  I then get to start my charity knitting for the new year.  I have found out that more items are needed.  Oh boy!  I guess my stash will finally be used up for the good of others.  It works out.  I get to use awesome yarn for people who are in need of warm items.  I need to mail out three boxes of items to various schools. 

I am thankful, I have so many ladies who are willing to help me in my charity efforts.  One has been sewing for me and I made her a bracelet, some custom stitch markers and a skein of hand painted merino/silk sock yarn.  I thought that was a nice thank you. 

I have a new yarn I want to paint for the shop.  I have to wind out more skeins of it and then paint it.  I can't wait to see how well it paints up.  I also have a candle order to make.  I need to find my scent oils for that.  I have the jars for that so, that is not a problem.  I just have to find the time and I am still trying to get my home in order for Christmas.  I will be decorating it to the nines this year since we will have family here.  I haven't been able to work on it this week since the back has been out of whack!  I have to make up time over the weekend, we are doing a run to the local donation place to get rid of some of the crap that we have.  It is time for it to go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment