Monday, December 23, 2013

Oh Great...My Allergies are Flairing Up!

It all started Thursday night, I had a bad sore throat and then I started to cough.  I had a major asthma attack and couldn't figure out what in the world was going on.  Then hubby tells me that cedar and juniper are really high right now.  That must be it.  So, I was thinking, I can deal with this, it is just allergies.

Well, Friday rolls around and I feel like crap.  I am thinking...okay, I will take my antihistamines and I will be fine.  I had the family party to deal with on Saturday.  It should be okay by Saturday...what was I thinking?  No, it wasn't fine, it was worse.  I was hacking like a smoker who smokes 3 packs a day.  My voice was going in and out and the sore throat was lingering.  No fever so, I knew it was allergies. 

So, Saturday comes and I am still feeling awful.  I had a house full of people and I was miserable.  Thankfully, I am blessed with a truly wonderful husband who took over for me.  I love you honey! We managed to get through Saturday and I am hoping everyone had a truly great time.  We had a first happen here, the kids did a White elephant present exchange.  What really shocked me during the present exchange with the kids was the fact that two of the boys were fighting for a rubber band loom.  I wouldn't have thought it. 

Then it was the adults turn to have their fun, it went well.  I came out of the deal with some trinket bowls, which I will use for beading.  Gary came out of it with a gift card from the local hardware store.  We used it already to replace the smoke detectors in the house.  They are hardwired into the alarm system. 

I figured Sunday would be better for me.  Was I freaking wrong!  I woke up to no voice whatsoever and I was more miserable than the previous days.  I moved to the couch and slept most of the day away.  I woke up only long enough for Gary to feed me.  Then I would fall back asleep.  I was miserable as can be. 

I woke up this morning feeling worse than the previous day, this allergy crap is getting the best of me.  I am living for the times that I get to nebulize!  My nebulizer is my friend at this point.  I am moving to the couch full time right now. I can't even sleep with my hubby since I hack all night long.  It is pure misery.  I sleep so much better on the couch.  I have my blanket and some throw pillows and I am quite comfy.  I had my jammies and my hand knit wool socks on.  Totally comfy.  Tonight I am planning on doing the same thing, just sleeping on the couch.  I plan on downing a cup of sleepy time tea and letting it take me to dream land.  Hopefully, this will let me sleep.  Still no fever!  I am finding this is the damndest stuff.  I have no idea if it is the cedar or the juniper, doing it to me but, it needs to quit.  I know cedar is a potent allergy on my Mom's side of the family.  One of my cousins can't breathe and has to have cortisone shots during the season.  I am starting to wonder if I need one.  That would explain a whole bunch.  I know when the wildfires were burning a couple of summers ago, I was in agony from the whole smoke thing.  Gary went out and bought me an air purifier and that is what I spent my time sitting in front of. 

I had myself a cup of coffee and then a decaf chaser.  I am hoping this will help thin some of the mucus in my lungs.  I miserable with the crap right now.  I don't even feel like crocheting or knitting, that tells you how bad it is. 

I closed the shop for the rest of the week, I need some time away from it.  I don't even feel like driving my car and I love to do that.  I just want to sleep and get rid of this crap.  I know how my 2013 Christmas is going...sick with allergies. 

I am catching up on my reading, though.  I have finished one book and I am working on the second one in the series.  It is pretty good.  It is a sci-fi fantasy.  I found the first book for free in the Kindle store and bought the second and third book.  There might be more books in the series, I will have to look. If nothing else, this gives me some much needed down time after a month of cleaning my house.  It did make it to being clean and the moral of this lesson, don't let it get that way again.  Seriously, it was freaking miserable.  I have plans to do maintenance work on it so, it looks good for the rest of our time here.  That is the plan.  Now my office needs to be gone through and crap organized and thrown out. 

I need to get my scrapbooking stuff organized and in one spot, not strung out all over the house, like the yarn was.  I am going to try to do better in the new year. 

My resolution is:  to get myself better organized and clean my house on a weekly basis to keep it looking good.  I also plan to use my yarn stash up.  No more buying yarn until I have half of the stash gone.  That means two rooms will be freed up.  Yay!  I have plans to do charity knitting anyway so, this should work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment