Friday, July 13, 2012

Finishing up Projects and Starting New Ones





As a knitter, I always have something on my needles.  Well, I did it, I finished the strawberry margarita shawl but, it isn't blocked.  I started another shawl tonight, the Vlad shawl by Tammy Bailey.  The pattern is all charts so, if you haven't learned to knit by charts, this might be the perfect time for you to learn.  They are simple so, if you are scared to take that big step, consider trying it out with this shawl.  It is easy to follow and she gives concise directions on how to work each chart.  If you can knit a slip 1, k2tog, psso, then you are in business...in other words...slip 1 stitch, k two stitches together and pass the slipped stitch over the knit 2 together.  A double decrease has been formed by this one stitch.  Easy.  That is the most difficult stitch, in my opinion in the whole pattern and there is a double yarn over but, she does explain how to get past this. 
  The top photos show strawberry margarita in it's finished and unblocked state.  The bottom pics are of the start of Wild Berry Vlad.  The yarn is gothic looking.  I think it is appropriate for the project. 
  So far, I am on the second repeat of the body chart, it requires 7 repeats.  I hope to be able to work on it this weekend and then next week as well.  Then I have to decide which yarn I want to use to start the next project.  I have a stack of shawl patterns sitting on my kitchen table. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment