Friday, July 13, 2012

Loads of Rain Means Lots of Knitting Time

We are currently under another flash flood watch.  It has been this way for several days but, I am not complaining because if you have ever been in a drought situation, you welcome rain no matter how much you get.  Okay so we have an over abundance right now but, I look at it this way...no watering and not having to fill the pool up because it is totally full, right to the rim. 

The shawl is almost done and I had to come up to my desk top to find new patterns to knit.  I found them and I am excited to get started on them. 

I was on KP the other day and noticed they are no longer a cheap yarn store, they are expensive.  Wow!  I will stick to my old stand bys should I need yarn which if you haven't noticed...I have way too much yarn and I am not buying any right now.  I am using stash yarn.  My desk is cluttered with it right now.  I have about 10 skeins sitting on my desk waiting for me to use it.  Most of it is sock yarn.  I am using the sock yarn for lace knitting.  It works out great.  I also have about 4 lace weights sitting on the desk waiting for me to use them. 

Today I am just beyond sleepy.  I think between the stress of a really horrible week and the hubby being out of town, it was too much for me.  It is just so hard to deal with it all these days.  I think the diabetes really complicates things for me.  If I am stressed, up goes the blood sugar.  It sucks. 

I am thankful that it is the weekend.  I have been waiting for this all week.  It means I can spend some much needed time with my hubby.  Even the dogs missed him, and the hound dog was pissed off at me while Gary was out of town.  When Gary came home, the dog was so happy.  He wanted to be my friend again.  He was a pouting dog for a while there.  Kids! 

I am going to finish off the strawberry margarita shawl and get it ready for the blocking board.  Then I am going to start the next one.  I can't decide which one to do next.  I am thinking Vlad by T. Bailey, I found it on Ravelry and it is a free one so, all the better.  I don't mind paying designers for their patterns but, face it, free is always better.  I am using my yarn, Wild Berry in Merino/silk sock yarn.  The patterns calls for 365 yards of the hated yarn.  It is the merino/cashmere/nylon stuff...it tangles like a bitch and I refuse to use it again.  I have one skein of it left in a plum color.  I look at it every now and then.  I have no idea what to do with it.  It is 500 yards of yarn.  It would be a shame to waste it.  Maybe I will use it.  One day when I am desperate for yarn, I will probably use it. 

This is wild berry and I think it will work out well with the gothic motif that Vlad has going for it.  I think it will be a very interesting knit.  It requires a 3.75 mm needle and it uses sock yarn so, I am hoping it will be fun.  If you want to knit along with me...go to Ravelry and find it in the patterns section under shawls/wraps.  You have to be able to read a knitting chart.  They are pretty easy if you know the icons for each stitch.  Get out your sticky notes to mark your place and charts are simple. 

Pictures of strawberry margarita will be on here when I finish blocking it.  It was a fun knit but, I am sick of it already.  It has been a long 3 weeks of knitting it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment