Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Garden

I decided today to go outside and check on my garden.  I have my garden and the hubby has his tomato garden.  He takes care of his tomatoes and I take care of my garden.  My garden is growing quite nicely. 

I have carrots coming up, radishes, collard greens, kale, spring onions, mint, cilantro, and dill in my garden.  We have been enjoying the radishes and kale already. 

The collard greens were supposed to be broccoli plants but, they were mislabeled and we ended up with the things.  I am not a fan of collard greens so, they will be going to someone who loves the things.  I will have to ask my neighbors if they like them, if so, they will be getting them all. 

The hubby used some dill to make a dressing the other day.  I cut cilantro as it tries to seed out.  I don't want this to happen so, I cut the shoots that are trying to seed out.  I gave a bag to a friend.  I hope she enjoys it. 

I took some pictures of the floribunda by the pool.  I grew it from a cutting.  My sister has the parent plant. 
 
 
I can't wait for this rose to go into full bloom, it is a show stopper when it does bloom.  I try to take a picture of it every year.  I didn't get to cut this one back this year.  I will try to do it next year.  It was already starting to bloom when I was cutting back the other roses. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment