Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jump for Joy

Today it is raining, I am not complaining since we had none over the summer and winter.  I am happy about this but, I won't be driving my car in this kind of weather, it slides.  I do many many fish tails in that little car. 

I am trying to figure out some paperwork that has to be turned in before February 1, 2012.  I can't find a blue pen and I am trying to figure out how to get several signatures since I won't be seeing the ladies who need to sign it until February 16th.  Well, that is just how it is and if they don't like it, not much I can do about it. 

I am working on knitting a mitt for that contest I mentioned previously.  I am hoping the mitts will turn out like they are supposed to or I will be starting another pair in another color combination.  Just how it goes sometimes.  I know I am harder on myself about my knitting then other people would be.  I might even have to go up a needle size for the next pair.  It is just one of those things we deal with. 

I cleaned house two days ago and managed to get my upstairs hallway done, last night, Gary steam vac'd the carpet and it looks so much better.  The dogs are loving the clean carpet, they are sleeping on it.  Before they just looked at it. 

I managed to get myself better organized where my dyes are concerned.  They were out of control and I fixed that problem.  I just have to fix more of my current problems, where to put fabric, etc. 

I think I am going to sew myself a small lap quilt.  I am a novice seamstress and well, my sewing does have it's issues but, I want to make a quilt for the family room.  Something to throw over my legs and feet as I sit on the couch.  I know Gary would love one for his legs.  Right now, we are sharing one of the full size quilts from the guest bedroom.  It works. It just isn't personal enough.  I want something pretty that I created with my own two hands. 

Once I get good enough at quilting, I can tackle my maternal grandmother's crazy quilt top.  I have it and it needs to be finished.  I just didn't know what I was doing.  Now, I think I can do it.  After one of the ladies in the chapter showed us all how to quilt, I figure, I can do it.  It involves sewing and well, I am working on that right now.  See the zippy bags in my shop, I made those. 

Time for me to go deal with my chores of the day.  Ya'll have a safe and happy day where ever you may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment