Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Silk Zippy Bag



This was my project of the day, this little pencil zippy pouch was made with my niece, Maribeth's silk fabric.  I even have some left over and it will be going back to her.  She will be the only kid in her school with a silk zippy pencil pouch. 

For those of you who don't know it by now, she is a purple fiend.  It runs in the family.  I am giving her the pencils as well as part of her Valentine's day present. 

I had to fight with Hank, Jr.  This is the name of my Singer sewing machine since he has a tendency to be like the original Hank, my Mom's old White sewing machine.  This machine nearly took a nice throw across the room when the bobbin winder decided to pull it's usual brand of crap.  It doesn't like to wind and I have to stop the foot pedal and wind by hand.  It just pisses me off to no end. 
Anyway, Hank was a piece of crap but, it was all we could afford so, we used it until we burned out the motor and had to replace it, the motor, not the machine.  Daddy wasn't one to replace, he would fix it or if it wasn't fixable, buy the part that was dead.  I think my sister, Cheryl managed to get Hank.  Hank's original name was Hank the Hunk of Shit.  We called him Hank for short.  Since my Singer has it's issues, it became Hank, Jr when it decided to pull it's version of shit.  So, I have a few choice words for it. 

I have been searching my house in vain for a pattern to make a rain poncho for myself.  I haven't been able to find it for 2 weeks.  What do I find in my office tonight?  The pattern that I have torn my house apart for.  I should have known it was up here.  So, I need to clean off my dining room table to cut out the pleather for my rain poncho.  I am going to be styling in this thing. 

Today I went to the doctor for my follow up on my bladder and kidney infection.  I came home with another medicine.  This time, it is for the foot.  I get the antiviral for the foot, he thinks that I may have had some nerve damage from my last outbreak of shingles.  I have ghost pain in that foot.  Not only do I have the MRSA in the foot, I had shingles in it as well.  Not fun.  Drives me insane. 

As for my diabetes, I am doing really well and my numbers are coming down.  Oh, I can't take two of the tabs he prescribed since I have a really bad reaction to two pills.  I can take one, it doesn't bother me.  He said I have the weirdest body chemistry he has ever seen.  Tell me about it.  Coffee puts me out, I can sleep on one cup of coffee.  I get jittery on two cups.  I can't exercise right now since I am on the antibiotic and I can't be out in the sun with it.  I will get all crispy and I don't need any more issues I have enough. 

I had a problem today that really scared the crap out of me, my blood sugar dropped and I felt completely awful.  What happened was I missed my 3:00 pm snack and I didn't realize that my body would do this to me, it dropped and I felt so awful.  I can't even describe how nasty it was.  I had to grab a Glucerna bar and down it.  It literally wiped me out.  I had to go on a sugar search.  I should have popped a glucose tab.  I found a small bag of peanut coated candy. Then I had a huge glass of ice water and fell asleep on the couch.  Gary woke me up asking me what I wanted for dinner.  I wanted to be left alone.  He made me eat.  I am still feeling really gross from it. 

I lost 6 pounds on my diet.  I am so proud of myself.  Most people wouldn't think this is a great thing but, for a diabetic it is amazing.  It feels great.  Now if I would quit craving cake.  I would kill for a piece of cake about now.  That is my serious downfall.  I love cake.  Then I found out there is such an animal called sugar free cake.  I mean, it just sounds so good about now, and sugar free icing.  Oh, that sounds heavenly to me.  Gary thinks Stevia sucks, hey, I am really liking it.  It tastes fine to me since I pretty much can't use cane sugar.  I had a lemonade with it the other day and it was really good. 
 
We discussed putting me on Neurontin if I have issues with my feet.  The only bad thing about that, it makes a person gain weight. Uh, no.  I don't want anything that will put pounds back on me.  I guess this means the cake is out.  sigh!  He said it is too soon for me to have any sort of neuropathy.  I don't want any issues with my feet, they are sensitive enough as it is.  I make sure they are doing well.  I examine them constantly.  It started when I caught the MRSA from the beach. I check to make sure they are doing well.  I wash them with lavender soap.  Lavender soap is antiseptic.  It works great on my skin. 

Tomorrow, I haven't decided if I am going to venture forth to the cloth store or stay home and work on Maribeth's socks.  I had to rip out a whole sock because I dropped a stitch in the middle of the pattern.  I wasn't happy but, I had to do it.  I reworked some problem areas and I am thinking these are going to be really cute when they are done.  I have decided that I love the Elann Dankai socks.  They are the most comfy socks I own.  I wore them to the doctor's office today.  He was admiring them.  The girls in the office all are curious as to what I am working on every time I go in.  I always have something on my needles.  One of them asked me how hard it was to learn to knit.  Not hard, it just takes practice. 

As most of you can see, hardly any yarn in the shop.  I can't decide if I should continue on with my yarn painting or if I should back off and take a break for a while.  I can't afford to buy yarn from my wholesaler.  Last year was an incredibly bad year for my shop.  So...after the lady buys the yarn she wanted me to hold for her, you might not be seeing yarn in my shop for sometime.  I have to think about this and decide what I want to do. 

I just know that I am no longer knitting for anyone other than myself and Maribeth.  If someone else wants socks, they are going to have to find someone else to make them.  I don't have the hand strength right now to do all of this knitting.  I am having issues with my carpal tunnel on my right hand and the sprain sure didn't help it. 

This is one of the reasons why I pulled out the sewing machine and started sewing.  I can do it and it really doesn't take much hand strength to do it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment