Friday, February 24, 2012

A Change of Pace

Today I was painting the new yarns that arrived.  I have one that is a super wash merino/silk/stellina blend that is just fabulous to work with.  I love it.  It is a lace weight.  I ordered in only lace for the time being.  It is fun to work with and I don't have time right now to knit with anything so, I figure lace is safe for me to paint, I won't be wanting to pull it out of the shop. 

 Purple Piggie is my newest yarn that I painted out of Peruvian Highland wool.  I love the colors in this yarn and I can't wait to use it.  I also painted it in the new yarns and it is drying right now on the back porch, the pot rack and the bathroom.  I am spreading them all out to see where they will dry best since it is now cold outside once again.  I have to put the heater back on.  I have had the a/c on for the past couple of days. 
 My view tonight out of my back door.  Isn't that sky just gorgeous? 
One of the star gazer lillies left in the arrangement from Valentine's Day.  I have such a great hubby.  :)  The roses are no more, they shattered. 

The yarn with the stellina is sparkly.  I have had several ladies tell me they are ordering in beads to go with their lace weight yarns they purchased from me.  Makes me wonder if beads are back in style.  I guess they are. 

Today Melinda and Maribeth came over to work on scrapbooking.  Maribeth had to create a page for a contest. I hope she wins, her page was awesome.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment