Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Painting Helps

Today I broke out the dyes and painted some yarns.  I used the last of my lace weight yarn until the new stuff gets here on Friday.  I looked in my box to see what yarns I could paint and my box was almost empty.  Oh dang!  So, I was forced to make a huge purchase from the wholesaler. 

I was looking on line tonight at a sale that was sent to me.  I am trying to reform my old ways of shopping without regard to price...believe me, this was no sale to my way of thinking...my hubby would shoot me if I actually dropped $2000 on a purse.  That was the sale price.  Who in their right mind will pay for something that expensive?  I can't see it.  I could use $2000 for something else, like paying a bill or two with that kind of cash.  It would help us pay off the roof.  We are still paying on the new roof.  Roofs are not cheap. 

I have some yarn drying in the downstairs half bath right now.  I want to paint more tomorrow but, I will see if the weather will cooperate.  My forecast on my weather station said rain is in the forecast.  I guess we will see if it is true or not. 

I will be doing sock yarn if the weather holds.  If not, I will take a break and wash clothes.  I haven't done that chore yet.  Today I washed sheets and blankets.  No clothes...I am lazy on that account. 

I did find the time to work on my afghan.  It is coming along quite nicely and yes, one of these days I will take pictures of it.  I will say this about it, it is going to be a beast since it will be so heavy from all of the wool involved in it.  Who cares about that since it is going to be snuggly warm.  It might take me a whole year to get it finished. 



No comments:

Post a Comment