Friday, April 6, 2012

Fish Tacos

Today I had to go and have fish of some sort for lunch.  I am Catholic and it being Good Friday, it was fish day or cheese.  I chose fish.  Cheese pizza might be dinner, I haven't decided.  So, we headed down to one of my favorite places, El Rey, a Cuban/Mexican Cantina.  I love this place, they have so many wonderful things.  Their grilled chicken salad is to die for, it is loaded with veggies, and it also comes with chopped mango and the most delectable cilantro lime dressing.  It is beyond fabulous.  Today since I had to have fish, I chose the grilled fish tacos with whole wheat flour tortillas, another great thing about this place, you get to choose your tortilla.  Gary had the fish tacos with corn tortillas.  I added shredded cheese to my tacos and the delectable cilantro lime dressing...oh just thinking of it, makes my mouth water.  I also had my usual mango iced tea, no sugar or sweetner.  I am a purist with this tea.  It is fabulous. 

I dropped off the bracelet order.  I finished them today.  I found what I was looking for and the lighter blue one was taken care of.  I made a darker blue one with some blue lace agate.  I love this stone, it is so versatile and I like blues.  Don't get me wrong, purple is my favorite color but, blue would be third on my faves, green comes after purple. 
 
We have an invitation for Easter at my big brother's house.  I am taking salad and cupcakes.  I just have to make a trip to the grocery store for the fixings for the cupcakes.  I have plans you see, I am going to substitute in xylitol.  I love the stuff, it tastes like sugar without that funky aftertaste that stevia has.  I usually have a cup of coffee in the mornings with one xylitol packet and some half and half.  It is tasty.  I only get 2 grams of carbs from the half and half.  It works out. 

It is a gorgeous day here.  I have plans to hit my pool and do my 30 minutes to an hour of swimming.  That is the plan.  I am trying to get into a purple dress for May.  It is stunning, I have shoes to match and I haven't been able to wear this dress for a couple of years since I ballooned up.  I need to lose about 1/2 to an 1 inch.  I can zip it but, it is snug in spots.  I have to swim to get into it.  Since the knee incident, I have to be careful with it.  I hit it in the pool the other day and let me tell you, the agony of that one hit, nearly did me in.  I was screaming in pain.  I am so amazed at how long this knee is taking to get back into the swing.  It is terrible.  I can tell I am no longer 20.  The swimming is helping so much.  Now, if I were really brave like my friend, Pam, I would swim in the nude.  I can imagine how freeing that is but, it would scare the crap out of my neighbors.  They might need some shocking but, I am not that brave yet and we live off of a major thoroughfare so, that would shock the locals as well.  I don't think they need to see my pasty white ass in the nude.  I need to get some color on this skin.  I am searching for my bikini.  Yes, they make them in my size.  Incredible, isn't it?  I would never wear it in public.  I am not going to gross anyone out.  I do wear it in my pool though since it is really freeing.  It is my pool and no one is going to see me in it.  Just Gary and the man has seen me naked many times so, I don't care. 

I looked at the shawl I was working on last night, notice it says, was...well, it seems that I dropped a stitch way back in the pattern and that is why it wasn't working out like it should have and I ripped it out.  I will try again tonight.  I bought some of that really funky yarn that makes it's own ruffles and I am working on a project for a friend.  I said I would make her something and this is what I am making for her.  It is cool stuff.  I get bored with it so easily and I put it down.  See....ADD knitter. 

Pictures will follow later when I finish the thing.  It is really cool and the color is called Cinnamon Candy.  It is red and lots of reds.  It is gorgeous. 

I am just completely fascinated with how this thing is turning out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment