Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lace Weights

I am so impassioned by lace knitting.  Currently, the shawl is almost done.  I am taking some time off since I need to get ready for tonight's meeting.  I will be working on the last bit of it while I watch tv when I get home tonight.  I have plans to watch Swamp People.  One of my favorite shows. 

I have taken a break from sock knitting right now and I know I have tons of sock yarns to work with but, are you aware that sock yarns can be knit into lovely little lace objects that work wonders around your neck?  That gorgeous merino/silk sock yarn I sell works up into seriously fabulous small shawls.  I wrap my green effervescent shawl around my neck when it is freezing and head out the door.  I get many compliments on it.  Knitting with fingering weight yarns can also get your ready to knit with lace weight.  I used it for the green shawl and I started to get a feel for lace with it.  I have plans you see, I am going to knit myself a stunning shawl out of one of the many books that I own.  I have this one I have been wanting to do for well, forever.  It is gorgeous and I will be custom dyeing the yarn for it since it takes copious amounts of lace weight yarn. 

I know I had said I was going to knit myself a cardi.  I have lost weight so, until I get to my right weight, I won't be knitting the thing.  I put it on the back burner.  I lost one clothing size and I have plans to get down to a smaller size than the current one. 

Then there is next year, we are planning on renewing our vows in front of an Elvis impersonator in Vegas for our 13th wedding anniversary.  It should be a blast and we are trying to get our whole wedding party to Vegas as well for the big event.  I have let most of them know to save their pennies for it.

I read a review someone wrote about me being driven in my craft as a fiber artist...this no way describes me.  I am not driven for much of anything.  I am very laid back.  I know she meant well but, I started laughing at the review.  I couldn't help myself. 

Last night was curse and cut out the sewing pattern for Maribeth's new dress.  I hate that cheap ass paper they use to make patterns, they need to make them out of something more solid.  I love solid patterns.  I have been known to make my own on heavier paper.  :)  I can get more uses out of the thick stuff than that flimsy stuff.  I guess they are in the business to make money any way they can and using that crap stuff works out for the better for them. 

Oh, if you bead...here is something you need to know about...JoAnn's is having a 50% off sale on their beads.  I hit my local one and was able to get the beads I adore for seriously less cash than normal.  I also had a 50% off coupon on fabric and managed to get 2 yards of premium muslin for only $9.99 instead of $20.  I love coupons and saving money where I can for my items. 

My life has been crazy and hectic for a while lately since I have had to take care of the grave marker for my dear friend.  I can't believe all that I have had to go through for the process of one little marker.  I am hoping her family doesn't drop the ball and takes care of it because I can't close the file on it until I receive word from them as to when the maker will be placed.  I also requested a picture be taken of the tombstone once the marker is in place so, I will know and the chapter will as well that it was taken care of.  I emailed the grand daughter about it and what will need to be done for the marker to be placed.  I wish that they were in Texas where it would be so much easier to take care of.  Sadly they are out of state. 

I found a home for my old Singer sewing machine, Hank Jr.  My SIL needed one and so, I gave it to her.  I was hoping a relative would have taken it...I knew she would take care of him.  He needed someone who would give him TLC.  He didn't leave with the hard case, I kept that.  My Janome fits in it nicely.  I have to say, I do love that machine, it is super cool.  I love the start/stop button, I don't have to use the foot pedal for that.  For the money, it is a great little machine. I have 50 built in stitches.  I was playing with it the other day and let me tell you, the bobbin winder is awesome, it has a spot to add in a new spool of thread so, I don't have to un thread my machine.  So cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment