Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Knitting for a Baby Yeti and Other Things of Interest

This is the Joe sock, or the baby Yeti socks, huge freaking feet. 

This is my icy water shawl in progress.  It is sitting by the wayside while I finish the Joe sock. 

Gary has spent time making preserved lemons with all of the lemons around here.  We have more on the tree.  So many more. 

As you can see, we have been busy over here.  I was still feeling gross so, I sat down and started knitting and I managed to turn the heel of the Joe sock, and I am now on the leg portion of the sock.  I can't wait to see the end of these things. 

The Icy water yarn is being knit up into a shawl, I can't remember which one right now, I have put it down while I finish the big sock.  I love this yarn, it is so amazing, it is a pure merino wool and it knits up like a dream.  So incredibly soft.  I am using Susan Bates Silvalume needles on this one because I could find them in my needle bucket and the points are sharp which is perfect for lace.  They were cheap, too. 

The preserved lemons are Gary's work.  He is a pro at this already.  This jar has cinnamon sticks, crystallized ginger, and bay leaf if I am not mistaken.  I have quite the gourmet living with me.  He is a great husband.  I wouldn't trade him in. 

Enjoy my pics this might be it for a while.  I am completely worn out since I didn't have a nap at all today.  That nap makes me feel so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment