Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sometimes the Truth Hurts

I was at the doctor last week since I was feeling poorly.  I had a kidney infection, this I knew since I have suffered from these things before.  So, I ventured forth into the doctor's office to get the pee test done.  Well, bad news...they suspected I had diabetes.  Oh shit! 

I found out yesterday, yep, it is true and I have type 2, which unfortunately, runs in my family.  So, I now have the drugs, the blood glucose test meter, strips, and the lancets with the pain giving device to poke my finger or body parts.  I asked for one that wouldn't hurt my finger tips since I do knit professionally.  I need my finger tips for my needles. 

I also have a round of prednisone for the asthma that is once again out of control.  My right lower lung has been hurting badly.  My doctor decided to do the prednisone to stop any pneumonia from taking hold.  Great.  This raises blood sugar but, it has to be done.  I am finding out slowly what spikes my blood sugar and right now, it isn't great.  I took my fasting sugar this morning and it isn't pretty.  I guess after I get it all under control, life will be better. 

Today I have to wash clothes, which sucks.  I have no more clean clothes, they are all on the pile in the hamper.  It is like the leaning tower of clothes. 

I need Gary to fill my bicycle tires up since I have plans to go riding today as my form of exercise.  I get to do that now as well.  I wish I had a heated pool because I would be in that sucker swimming laps.  Wouldn't that be great?  I would rather swim than anything else.  If I lose enough weight, I can get back into my wetsuit and go swimming in cooler temps.  :) 

Right now though, I am just tired.  Maybe as I get the hang of this disease, life will be better.  Hopefully.  The only thing we have left when the chips are down is hope. 

Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment