Saturday, December 3, 2011

Why?

What a day...I went and dealt with a chapter function which was a huge success.  I am so proud of the ladies in my chapter.  Way to go! 

I was driving home and I couldn't figure out why the person in front of me on the feeder road was going so damn slow.  I creeped up on the bumper and realized it was Gary in front of me.  I passed him as soon as he moved over to the other lane.  He was driving like an old lady.  I was going home and doing it in my usual fashion, fast. 

I came home, I made myself a sandwich with some incredible soft cheese, I found at the grocery store last night...it was expensive but, so worth it.  I made it with a peppered ham that we had bought.  I picked two fresh lettuce leaves out of the garden for my sandwich and toasted my French country bread.  It was incredible.  We are going to have to go buy more of that cheese.  :) 

I also made myself a cup of hot cocoa, it is peppermint flavored with bits of candy cane in the mix.  I found it at Wally world and it wasn't cheap but, it is so damn good that I plan to go buy more of it.  I put in a soft mint stick, add whipped cream to the top and have at it.  It is killer good.  It is by Stephens.  I looked on line and it isn't cheap, I will go back to Wally world to get more of it on Monday.  I have to mail 12 boxes of packed items for our military.  Yay! 


I have a recipe for all of you turkey lovers out there...when you have so much leftover turkey that you can't eat another sandwich, try this out.  It is Turkey Verde Enchiladas. 

This recipe works best if you have fresh flour tortillas, I buy mine at my local HEB. 

Take your turkey and make sure it is off of the bones, cut it into small pieces or shred it.  Set aside. 

You will need a can of cream of chicken, do not add water, a tub of sour cream, the 8 ounce size works well for a small batch, double your cream of chicken and sour cream if you have a big family.  One bag of shredded Mexican cheese, and two cans of verde enchilada sauce. 

Mix your cream of chicken soup, with your sour cream, the shredded cheese, save some of the cheese for sprinkling on top of the enchiladas, add 1 can of verde enchilada sauce, and your turkey, mix it together, well. 
Take a baking pan, and grease it.  Turn your oven on to 350F and preheat it. 
Grab those flour tortillas and start spooning the mixture into the tortilla, wrap it around the mixture, and place the seam of the tortilla on the bottom of the pan, grab another tortilla and do the same, when you go to add it to the pan, gently push it against the first one, and continue adding filled tortillas to the pan and gently pushing the previous one until your pan is full.  When you have the desired amount, take the second can of verde sauce and pour over the enchiladas, then top with cheese.  You can also save some sour cream and put it on top of the enchiladas, then add the sauce, and the cheese is always last. 

Bake in your 350F oven for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil. 

We made these and the recipe made enough for 4 people easily.  It works well with cooked  chicken breast instead of turkey.  If you are using chicken breast, you will have to boil the breasts in salted and seasoned water before adding to the mixture. 

We had to do something with all of our leftover turkey and this is a great recipe for just that. 

Enjoy!  Have a safe and wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment