Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Knitting on Something I Love

I am finished with the Joe socks.  Yay!  I never want to see those things on my needles again.  I am sending what is left fo the skein with the socks so, my niece, can darn them when the time comes.  He is her hubby, she can darn his socks or learn to do it.  I am not doing it for him.  I have my own husband's socks to contend with if he doesn't lose them. 

I have yarn galore sitting on my desk right now.  I need to knit socks with it all.  I just have to find the time.  I admit, I am taking my time around here lately. 

What is left in the shop is it for this year and until I get my sales tax and rendition in for the new year, I am not painting until this is taken care of.  I had to pay out the wazoo for last year and I have learned my lesson big time, I am not going to go through that one again. 

I have plans for today to paint two skeins of yarn for hats.  I am knitting two hats for two special people.  I have one hat that needs to be started for my sister, Melinda.  She wants a beanie flap hat.  Can't say that I blame her since I need to make one for me. Great thing, the beanie flap, it is a nice hat pattern that will be keeping my ears warm this year. 

Saturday was the chapter Christmas party and we had a great time.  We went to Brookwood Center in Brookshire, Texas and had lunch at the cafe.  It was fabulous.  Then we went shopping afterwards, I spent some money but, it goes to a great cause, everything they sell goes to the people who need it.  It is for people with disabilities.  It is a neat place.  I highly recommend it.  Make your reservations and head out to the cafe if you are in Texas and near Brookshire.  You won't regret it.  I have seen the reviews and they are 5 stars across the boards and I know why...yummy. 

I am working on another pair of socks right now in the circle sock pattern, yes, I have knit if before but, I do enjoy this pattern very much, it always shows off the yarn I am working with. The yarn I am using right now is Elann's  Dankai.  I chose to use the one with purples, blues, pinks and browns.  It is gorgeous and I can't wait to take pictures of it to show it off.  :) 

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment