Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting out the Crock Pot

Today I decided that since it is too hot for me to stand in front of the stove, I would break out the crock pot.  We are having pot roast tonight via the crock pot.  I spiked it with whole garlic cloves.  I know it is going to be fabulous.  I also used the Mural of Flavor spice mix from Penzey's.  Love that place. 

I am working on a shrug but, it is no longer for me since I realized my arm is way bigger than what I am knitting at right now.  No worries, I have the perfect person in mind for the item.  My niece, Meagan.  She will look great in it with her coloring. 

I was going to go bike riding but, decided not to, since we are under an ozone warning again.  I might hit the pool later on and do some laps.  I can bet that water is going to feel damn good about now. 

I did take care of some DAR chapter business today.  I hope I get answers back soon on some of it.  I want to be done with it so, our chapter can move forward. 

I have a luncheon this Saturday to go to and a birthday party in the evening.  We are going to be some serious movers and shakers this weekend.  I heard rain was in the forecast for Friday which means yard mowing will be moved to tomorrow night.  We have to mow the front yard, and Gary will be doing the weed whacking and clean up.  I will be mowing.  I don't mind mowing so much since I know how to do it very well.  My Daddy believed in the equality of the sexes and made sure his daughters knew how to get their hands dirty.  I know my way around a lawn mower. 

I am about to start another heart strings neck scarf for my best friend.  She loves pink and can't get near wool but, I have a cotton/corn blend yarn that I know will be great for her.  I think I found it at Elann once upon a time.  I love Elann for their money saving yarns.  I have noticed that Knit Picks is getting pricey on their yarns. 

I was out in the garden picking more broccoli when I noticed something big and green out of the corner of my eye.  A freaking 8 inch fence lizard was staring at me.  I jumped back and he stayed where he was.  I didn't want to have to run shucking clothes if he had jumped on me.  No thank you. 

I have officer presents to wrap for my luncheon on Saturday.  I am so thankful for the ladies who served as my chapter officers these 3 years.  I appreciate each and every one of them for their talents and their opinions. 

Ah, I found the yarn, I am going to use for the neck scarf, it is called Elann, Maize Organica, in color 5, pink.  It wants a US 6 needle.  There is 98 yards on a ball.  I need 150 yards for my project.  So, 2 skeins will do the trick for this one.  It feels kinda smooshy and cool.  I hope it will work out for my friend.

Now, if I can get rid of the mosquitoes around here, life would be absolutely beyond terrific.

My health is getting better.  I am on an antibiotic for bronchitis right now with some prednisone to stop the mucus...loads of mucus from this crap.  Everyone here is sick, it starts out with the sore throat from hell and then moves on to losing your voice, then it moves to the chest.  It is known as the crud and it is very contagious.  Pink eye is going around as well but, I am lucky with not getting that crap.  I don't want it.

I find that my knitting is coming along and I really am starting to enjoy working with lace.  It took me some time to get my fingers to work with me.  I love how beautiful and airy the projects are.  It is like everything else we try, it takes practice to get it to work out. 

I purchased a new crochet book, by Kristin Omdahl, it is called Seamless Crochet.  I can't wait to tear into it and start some of the cool patterns.  :)  I love her designs so, this should work out nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment