Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Experiment

Today I decided to hang out a set of sheets out on the coolaroo lines.  It dried in record time.  I was shocked at how quickly they dried.  I hauled them inside and ran out of steam, I was going to put them on the bed.  Not happening now. 

I had to find my outfit for tonight and I am wearing clothes that I haven't been able to wear in 3 years.  It feels fabulous to wear my old clothes.  I did find out that I have a dress in my closet with tags on it that I have never worn.  I am thinking I will have to sell that dress.  It is a hand beaded silk dress.  I had to order it in a bigger size at the time since those dresses run small. 

I cleaned out my tote that I drag with me for DAR.  I cleaned out all of my personal items out of it since it is being passed on to the next Regent.  She gets all of that paper. I am happy to let her deal with it since I am worn out.  I will be the next Historian for the chapter which means I will be taking care of the chapter scrapbook.  We pass that thing along to the next person who gets elected.  I wanted an officer position since I want my officer pin.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to get an office after this year.  I am taking a vacation for the summer.  I am not dealing with anything DAR.  I am done.  I need the time off from the chapter.  I will start work on the scrapbook come September. 

I haven't had time to knit.  I have been working on getting corsages, buttonaires, and table decorations done for the last meeting.  They are going to be going home with the new Regent.  I am passing on all of my stuff to her.  She can deal with it.  I know I will be coming home with one notebook and that is it.  The rest goes to her.  Yippee!  I will be finally able to clean off my dining room table.  :)  Gary is excited about that. 

I need to go get a snack and kick back some before I have to hit the road.  I need to put on my war paint, aka makeup and then just get my clothes on and get ready to book it down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment