Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Silk Shawl



Here is the silk shawl on the blocking board.  I decided since the board was out, I might as well block this shawl.  Since the shawl is wet, the color is much more noticeable.  It is a lilac.  I have had so many people tell me that it looks like it is gray.  No, it is lilac, specifically the color is lilac steel.  I love the silk yarn.  One thing about it though, you have to be really good to work with it because it will fall off the needle as you are working with it.  It is extremely slippery but, it is worth working with since it creates utterly scrumptious lace.  I love the texture of it as well. 

This one was fun to knit.  I would highly recommend it.  It is an Evelyn Clark design and it was free.  It was one of the buffalo inspired knits.  She knit is with buffalo gold yarn and gold being the key word since that stuff is out of this world expensive.  I refuse to drop $60 on one skein of yarn.  I would be a dead woman if I even attempted it, my hubby wouldn't be happy.  I know better than to even do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment