Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Crochet Naked

I lost my sd card reader and I would love to find it to show off my lovely pictures of the blanket.  I have only 10 more rows to go according to the hubby.  Lovely, just what I needed to hear. 

I took pictures of the blanket today as I am working on it.  I have noticed the pattern of the thing goes in different waves of color.  There are light colors grouped together, then there are dark colors grouped together.  None of this was planned.  I just added what colors I thought would work with each color I was working on.  I even have men commenting to me about it.  I keep thinking...no, don't ask if I will make you one, it won't happen.  I might make another one of these in a smaller size.  No more king sized blankets for me.  Not for a long time, anyway. 

I have looked for my sd card reader and can't seem to find it in any of my usual spots.  No idea where I put the thing.  sigh! 

I am looking to start another project or two with sock yarn but, I won't be making socks.  I am thinking lace knitting, a shawl or even a scarf is in the works.  I am searching my shawl patterns to see what I can come up with.  I just know I need more of a challenge than the blanket.  I also have to use my yarn stash up.  I have way too much yarn.  There is no way I can use it all in this lifetime.  So, I am going to try and do the bin challenge.  Pick a yarn bin, any yarn bin full of yarn and make as many projects as you can with that one bin of yarn per month or two months depending on the size of the yarn bin and the project.  What to do with the items you make?  Why not donate them to needy individuals who have nothing.  Take them to a veteran's shelter and start handing them out.  I know they will appreciate it.  Find your local DAR group and ask if they would like your items to give to the veterans.  I know they would be more than appreciative for the items.  Women vets would even love the items. 

I think I am going to start making hats after the lace project is done.  I can make beanies for homeless people.  When winter hits, they are going to need items.  Hats are so easy to knit and they use up the yarn stash. 

I know several knitters who knit for charity and I was one of those people but, due to my health going to the toilet, I had to stop and take care of me.  I have been taking care of me for about 2 years and I am healthier but, on a long road to get to perfect.  I have found that I am growing short of patience these days and there are certain things I no longer give a crap about but, I am trying to get where I need to be with my health.  Health is the main project over here.  I am well read and I research my disease and I am dealing with it.  I take time each day for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment