Monday, August 12, 2013

The Work Continues

Today I took the time to count the amount of colors and rows in my blanket.  I am still working on it.  I have 20 colors/rows in this thing.  It is getting really heavy and hard to work on.  I must keep going until it will fit nicely over our king sized bed.  I asked the hubby if he wants it to fit on top only or does he want it to drape over the sides like a bed spread.  He said bed spread.  Great! 

I decided to work on the sock today as well.  I put it on the foot and it is almost to the ball of the foot.  I am ready to be finished with this pair of socks so, I can design a new sock pattern for one of my new color ways for Fall.  I started painting the new colors last week and I am slowly working on more colors for the line up.  I did put the yarn that is in my ETSY shop on sale.  It has been marked 25% off to make room for the new yarns that will be coming in. 

I have to dig around in my shop bin to see what yarns I have available to paint for the new collection.  I need my yarn meter to measure out some of the cone yarns and get them into skeins ready for painting. 

I am waiting on a new lace weight yarn to come in and as soon as I paint it, it will be headed to the shop, it has a generous yardage and good news for those of you who are allergic to wool.  It is 100% silk.  Yes, I know several people have let me know that they can't touch wool and cotton tears up fingers unless you happen to use mercerized cotton.  So, for those of you who are woolphobic, silk is coming soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment