Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Doing a Little Beading to Pass the Time

I have been working on beading necklaces. I do this for relaxation to pass the time.  I mostly give my creations away to family and friends for their birthday presents or holiday presents.  My sister tells me to sell them.  Etsy is way over crowded with people making and selling jewelry.  So, I am looking for a venue to sell my necklaces.  I have gotten several compliments on my necklaces but, when I tell people how much I want for them, then they get really cheap on me.  Beads aren't cheap.  I have to say that and I am making less than minimum wage when I make a necklace.  So, put that in your pipe and smoke it. 
  As a knitter, this is what I have gone through trying to sell my hand made items.  If you knit and make items, then you know exactly where I am coming from.  People want something for nothing.  Not going to happen.  If you want it, pay the price for it. 


This is today's creation.  I chose to use a heart as my pendant and since silver and white is one of my favorites to work with, I decided today instead of my usual flower pendant, I would use the heart.  I like how pretty it is.  This one is shorter than most of the necklaces that I make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment