Monday, March 4, 2013

Wintry Kisses Smoke Ring in Progress



 
I am knitting a smoke ring in one of my hand painted merino/silk sock yarns, it is called Wintry Kisses.  I am using a pattern by Wendy D. Johnson out of her book, Wendy Knits Lace.  I am knitting the light as a feather smoke ring on page 120. 

This is a great project to help me use up my stash of sock yarn.  The best part, it can be made with left over sock yarns.  This was a new skein.  I decided it would be pretty knit up in lace and I wasn't wrong.  I can't wait to block it to see how well it really shows off the pattern.  :) 

I am using a US 6 needle for this project.  Love those Addi click turbos.  Best knitting needles ever.  Well worth every single penny I spent on them.  I have the long tips for lace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment