Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another Scorcher!

Right now in Texas it is freaking hot!  There I said it.  It was hot in the shade, it is hot everywhere with no rain in sight.  WE are truly suffering down here.  My plants in my garden are suffering as well.  It used to be where I could water every other day and it was fine, not so anymore.  I have to water my plants daily or they are dead, kaput, no more. 

I finished the Keltic ear flap hat.  Yay!  It is very nice.  I know what you are thinking...why are you knitting with wool in the middle of a heat wave?  Well, I didn't say I was knitting outside, I knit inside in a very cool interior courtesy of my thermal backed supreme satin draperies.  I am telling you, if you don't have any in your home, you are wasting energy trying to keep your home cool.  Wait for JCP.com to have a sale on curtains and then wait for the free shipping option to your home, otherwise you are going to pay out the ass for your curtains.  They usually have a nice coupon around about this time.  The free shipping coupon is so worth it.  Last year, I bought a round of thermal back supreme satin draperies for my entire house.  They have more than paid for themselves already.  This is a good thing. 

We have Coolaroo brand shades on the back porch, that roll down and block a lot of the heat off of the back wall.  We have had these for many years now...they paid for themselves as soon as they were installed.  I would do it all over again if I had to.  Wonderful items. 

I am knitting on several hats right now.  One of the patterns is upstairs here in the office and the other is downstairs on the couch, I have plans to work on it tomorrow.  I am hoping I will start to feel better already.  I am still taking it easy since I get tired yet, really quick. 

I was outside looking over my tomato plants.  The cherry tomato is blooming yet again and it looks like I might have a bumper crop of tomatoes, I so can't wait.  I have been picking okra every other day, I like this.  I am ready to make some chicken and sausage gumbo.  :)  I may even make another frittata with them.  :)  The green beans are blooming again, which is a good thing.  The corn didn't make it, I guess this isn't it's happy soil.  It could also be all the tomatoes surrounding it. 

I checked the lemon tree today and it is loaded this year.  I am so thankful for this.  There is nothing in the world like fresh meyer lemonaid.  It is fabulous.  I also love making lemon meringue pies with that lemon.  Tasty! 

Ooh, I have pie crust in the freezer and lemon juice frozen in the freezer, I might make a pie this week, that would be wonderful.  :) 

Something to sort of cool us off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment