Sunday, June 5, 2011

It Finally Rained!

It rained today and I was so happy to see it.  When I checked the weather on the back porch it was 102F.  It was so freaking hot out there.  All of my plants were looking droopy.  I did manage to pick some more tomatoes and then I saw that one of my smaller okra plants has a pod on it.  Woohoo!  I can't wait for it to get bigger so, I can pick it. 

Today I woke up feeling worse than yesterday.  I have no idea why I felt so lousy.  I had a lot of yogurt yesterday and today I started to feel like I was about to barf so, I had more yogurt and that seems to have helped. 

I am knitting on a new pair of socks, this one is a KAL with the Socks Squared Group and it is called, Ankle Arches by Susan Meredith Pacheco.  It is a very interesting and pretty much straight forward pattern.  I am on the heel and I am using US 3 needles, not the recommended US 0's.  My yarn is one of my own merino/silk sock yarns and it is a beautiful coral.  I have no idea what size to make since I don't know who they are going to be for.  I might make them for me.  I will figure it out when I get to the foot section and then go ahead and make them for that person.  I have some time, yet. 

I am just really tired right now.  I think I did too much today and I am going to pay for it tonight or tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment