Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You Got That Right, Buddy!

I have one of those electronic weather stations sitting on my kitchen table and today the thing announced that it was hot outside...wonder what gave it that idea?  Could it have been the 101F temp?  I walked outside to cut some okra, and walked back in.  My shoes were melting on the pool decking.  Great! 

I let it cool down some and then I went back out there.  I managed to pick one okra and left the others on the plants to give them one more night and then I will cut them tomorrow.  I had to water the whole garden tonight and I went ahead and added some plant food to my bucket and watered everything.  Maybe that is what that one dang tomato is waiting for, more plant food and a flood of water.  I watered the whole garden very well.  Let's just hope that tomato will take it upon itself to finally produce fruit instead of leaves.  Grrr! 

I finished off the Cherokee purple tomato and it was fabulous...great flavor but, slightly more acidic than I can handle.  Good old acid reflux kicked in courtesy of that tomato. 


I also took it upon myself to make my letters on the Cricut for the banner I have to make for the parade. We have sponsors this year and they all need thanking.  I am glad I was able to hit the craft store and purchase my paper for the thing and new mats.  Now, if someone could figure out how to recycle the glue on those things...they could make a lot of money.  Seriously! 

I am completely worn out and I need to head to bed.  I have more flags to work on tomorrow and pick up the house for Saturday.  I have a bathroom to clean and a hallway to clear out.  I have boxes of stuff everywhere in this house and I need to get rid of a bunch of junk.  I don't want to be one of those people who have to get a pack rat storage box...no thanks..I will pitch it or sell it before that happens. 

I threw some boxes out today so, I am headed in the right direction.  Or at least I hope I am headed in the right direction. 

I hit the pool tonight and swam some laps, did some back work and worked out my arms and shoulders by dragging my feet and legs behind me.  Yep, I can make it across the pool swimming with just my arms.  The water felt great but, I had to come inside and use the chlorine removal shampoo and then condition my hair.  Otherwise, I will look like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.  My hair gets big from chlorine water.  It will stick straight off of my scalp and it is usually stiff and icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment