Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Working on Christmas Presents

Right now I am working on the family Christmas gift.  It is hand made since I am not spending money this year on gifts.  I have plans to knit my hubby a gift or two.  He has requested socks.  This is a big deal since he has huge feet. 

I have other things to knit as well.  I have ear flap hats to knit, mitts, etc.  It is a working Christmas for me.  I figure it will be good for me to show off my skills. 

If it is as cold as last year, people will appreciate this skill set I have when they are nice and toasty warm from all my woolen goods. 

Learning to knit can possibly save you from spending big bucks on items that are normally made out of cheap ass acrylic and it only makes you sweat and retain that water next to your skin.  Not warm at all.  Wool breathes...it lets your skin breathe while keeping you warm, even while wet.  :)  Wool will not burn unless a match or flame is placed directly against it with pressure. 

So for all of those people who tell me each year that wool isn't ideal for Texas...blow it out your butt because it is.  I wear wool blend socks all of the time in winter and it feels amazing to have warm tooties.  Try cold feet and then we will talk.  It isn't pleasant especially when we have super humid winters here and the cold goes straight through you. 

Okay, I am off of my soap box now.  :)  Anyway, I have plans to work on several items for several people.  Today I am getting back to work on painting and dyeing yarns.  I worked for a bit yesterday with a killer migraine.  Not fun, let me tell you.  Hopefully, I will be able to get more yarn taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment