Monday, November 28, 2011

Get Your Hands Off Of Me

I experienced something on Black Friday that I really don't ever want to happen again.  I was at the Wally world sale and let me tell you first of all those people are complete idiots and should have done it differently.  I have never had to defend myself in a damn store against people trying to get at Wii games.  I managed to get three games, one for Melinda and two for myself at the sale price.  I had to help the small lady next to me, when a woman picked her up and tried to forcefully move her and then myself when some dude tried to move me out of the way.  I am no light weight and when someone is trying to force me away from my spot, I am not a happy camper.  I told him to back off and when he didn't, I gave him the backwards thrusting elbow and told him to unhand me or I would drop his ass.  When I finally got out of the mess, I gave him a nice parting gift, a nice stomp and grind on his foot.  He deserved it and so much more.  The jerk. 

After the hell of Wally world, we went back to Melinda's to unload her vehicle and then head to our third stop, we had hit the local craft store to get my 1/2 off Christmas tree, I purchased a pre-lit tree for a nice sum.  It was about 60% off when all was said and done.  I was completely happy about that one. 

My last stop was the Kohl's sale.  Melinda had to be at two others stores at 5 am and 6 am.  I was going home.  I wasn't going to buy anything at Kohl's.  I came home with a birthday present, some jewelry for me and some presents for my sisters.  I even came home with a straw basket since I had to use it to put my stuff in.  It worked out quite nicely.  That basket will be going on future jaunts when I need it.  I got it for half off.  I came home and went to bed.  I will say this, it was so freaking hot in all of those stores.  Melinda was almost throwing up in the parking lot after we got out of the store, I had some sweet tea in her van and I promptly emptied the cup, I was thankful that I brought it with me.  I needed it.  I was pouring sweat in the store, it was completely awful.  I made it home and was so exhausted, I dropped into bed, I had to get up earlier than planned and take a much needed shower, I couldn't stand myself.  I was rank.  At one point, I told Gary not to move or I would throw up on him. 

This past week was not a good one over here, I had the stomach virus that is going around.  It starts off with a killer headache, then comes the vomiting, after you puke, the diarrhea starts.  Poor little Maribeth has it.  It took me three days to get over it.  It was completely awful and extremely draining.  I felt so bad.  I even had fever with it.  I spent my week sleeping under a quilt on the couch.  I couldn't stand to sleep in our bed. 

Last night was not a good night over here, come to find out our dogs are covered in ticks.  The backyard is loaded with them.  So, when  the yard dries out, Gary will be spraying the whole thing.  We had to run to the store and get tick solution for the dogs.  Ody and Boots had it applied to them.  We have to go get some for Napoleon today since he weighs more than either one of them.  The stuff isn't cheap, either. 

I will also be purchasing oranament hooks. We don't have enough of the things and I need some.  I am doing my tree in reds this year and bought the cutest cardinals for my tree.  I even found more ornaments in my office and the guest bedroom along with the angel.  She is so pretty.  I can't wait to top the tree with her.  Gary will be the one taking care of that. 

Poor Melinda has cat troubles, her Siamese kitten loves the tree and spends her time in the middle of it.  Now, she knows why I believe in plastic ornaments, I know, glass ornaments and cats don't mix. 

Right now, I am tired and I have a sore throat.  Ugh.  The weather is the culprit, one day it is hot and the next, we have ice.  Who wouldn't get a sore throat from that? 

I haven't had time to knit.  I have been busy cleaning my home.  I have to get something going already since I have to make my Christmas present for the family.  I know what I want to do, I just have to find the time to take care of it.  I will be the one making it before we have to leave for the party.  Yep, that is pretty much going to happen if I don't deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment