Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fresh Tomatoes

Yesterday was my first day of trying fresh tomatoes out of this year's garden.  They were so fabulous.  First of all, the plant isn't a black tomato, it is a cherry tomato and it is very tasty.  That first bite where the fruit, bursts upon the palate...aahh!  Simply wonderful.  I had forgotten how much a fresh tomato tastes over a store bought one.  There is a difference. 

I am still working on my sock pattern.  I am going to have to add some stitches to the mix since it needs them.  sigh!  I had a clothes pin holding my pattern together and Ody stole it and ran off with it.  He chews on things.  Who knew my Corgi was actually part goat?  I didn't. 

Today I have to add more water to the pool, add more acid to it since our water is heavily alkaline.  It really makes for fun since we haven't had rain in ages and we are under a fire watch from the wind.  This sucks. 

I am constantly watering to keep all of my plants alive.  Our water bill hasn't been too bad but, it is probably going to shoot up to the sky after filling the pool, etc.  We have to keep the plants alive around here. 

My okra is blooming which means...yummy goodness is about to be heaped upon me.  Yay!  Melinda has promised to come help me pick it when I have okra out the wazoo around here.  She wants some of it for her own self.  I love it fried, stewed and Gary has plans for chicken and sausage gumbo. 

Gary battled a yellow jacket's nest yesterday.  I had seen the creatures flying around but, I never thought they would pick the rosemary bush for their home...they did and he found them by accident.  I have never seen him move so fast.  I was going to get the water hose and squirt them out but, he said he wanted them gone permanently. 

They are pretty much beneficial in keeping out the unwanted critters out of my garden.  I hope more lady bugs show up now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment