Saturday, February 5, 2011

Creative People and Their Desks

My desk is a bona fide disaster zone.  I can find all sorts of things on it.  Today I did some minor cleaning of it...now I can't find my damn camera and this is really pissing me off.  I finished the Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream socks and would love to take a picture of them if I could find the camera.  I wanted to take pics of the Multnomah shawl I finished the other day and need to block. 

I just found my camera.  Woohoo!  It was buried under some yarn.  Yarn that needs to be used to make beautiful socks.  Tonight, I cast on for a pair of Ethan socks and sure enough, I noticed that something was off...the cuff was massive.  There is no way that a little boy's leg is the size of mine unless he has some issues. 

So I went ahead and re-checked my gauge and sure enough...the gauge was off majorly.  I now have a gauge of 6 sts and 10.5 rows = 1 inch on US 2 needles.  My cast on went from 52 stitches down to 42 stitches.  I lost 10 stitches.  Which will make a huge difference with these little socks. 



As you can see the cherry vanilla ice cream socks are complete.  A quick knit.  I used my hand painted merino/silk sock yarn in cherry vanilla ice cream and this is the result.  Don't they look absolutely yummy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment