Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drowing in Brown Goes Another Round


I had started this hat last year sometime and didn't pick it up until now.  I chose to use this luscious chocolate brown Peruvian Highland wool from Elann for the trim.  As I was working on the ribbing I decided the hat needed some oomph so, I did a stash dig and found my hand painted Shetland, Drowning in Brown.  I painted this yarn around 2008 and I have used it several times for different items but, never for a hat. 

I am using size US 8 dpns for this hat and the Shetland for this project is soft, not harsh like some of it.  I have some Shetland wool that is extremely harsh.  I really don't like to use it.  One of these days, I will take the time to use it.  Just not now. 

The hat is being made in a youth size.  I haven't decided what to do with it as of yet.  I guess when I figure it out, I will do whatever with it. 

I was looking at designing a shawl pattern but, I am still hunting for the perfect lace to go on the shawl.  I am picky and I have another book to look into and then I think I will have what I am looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment