Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ethan's Sock


I started Ethan's socks last night and today I sat outside and worked on the little things.  I am currently working on the gusset.  I am ready for the foot section of these babies.  As you can see this yarn is really cool looking.  Gary was right in asking me to use this yarn.  I think it will be looking good on Ethan's foot. 

I am using US 2 Addi Turbos on this project with my merino/silk sock yarn in Solace.  I had painted this yarn last year.  I love it.  My gauge for this sock is:  6 stitches and 10.5 rows equals 1 inch.  Not a bad gauge. 

I am really tired tonight.  I slept late since I went to bed late.  Gary and I hit the local Chinese restaurant for lunch because you can't beat their prices.  We get a soup, an egg roll or crab rangoon, fried rice, and the main course for a mere pittance.  Our whole bill today was $13.95 and Gary had an iced tea.  I had my usual water with lemon.  They serve it from 11 am to 3 pm, Monday thru Sunday.  We try not to miss the cut off time.  It is tasty.  I had the garlic chicken today.  It was good. 

Tomorrow night we are having sausage with mashed potatoes and green beans.  It is simple but, that is okay, I am a fan of sausage but, it has to be a certain kind.  I like the coarse ground, with black pepper, garlic, pork and beef mixed.  If it is pecan smoked, even better. 

Gary also went grocery shopping during the Super Bowl, we aren't football fans around here.  For the most part, we don't watch sports.  I used to go to baseball games with the girls in the family back in college but, now...nope we never go. 

I am going to work on this sock and then go read my Kindle before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment